Thursday, August 13, 2009

I went into the room at 1.48am this morning,thinking that I could sleep better after reading history.Dont know why...this cold,rainy night seemed so warm in the air-conditioned room...I closed my eyes....but I wasnt asleep...after a few minutes I open my eyes again...I looked at the time...2.02am...damn!why is the time creeping so slowly??I was sleepy..but I couldn't sleep...so I stared at the ceiling...many things ran through my mind...a summary of my life...after what seems like forever,I looked at the time again..what the hell??4.33am?!?!wow whats interesting about the ceiling?? So I thought...I really need to get some sleep...and I did...


* I was walking along the roadside of Mount Erskine.It seems like a dream and yet it seems so real.There were no cars.Only people.Or are they?I stood in front of the entrance to the cemeteries and looked around...Everyone was walking about slowly..as if the world belongs to them. Someone across the road caught my attention.That familiar figure,that familiar face! The face that I've been missing since 10years ago.I cried and I called out to her as I run across the road."Mama!" I hugged her tightly...at that time I wished that I will never have to let go,but I had to...she looked at me with tears in her eyes..and she said to me in traditional hokkien. "Mei,just be patient for now.Everything will be over soon." Mama's voice seemed so distant.She then waved at me,the same expression as the one she had 10 years ago...and after she did that,she never came back.I dont want to lose her for another time! I cling onto her.But I only wake up to find myself hugging my bolster,and my pillow wet with tears.*


I went to have my morning bath and I burst out really badly in the showers.Mama passed away when I was seven,but I can remember her face,her voice,her warmth....how fast time flies in a blink of an eye and how much I've been missing her...sometimes I wished that her death is just a dream,and I wanna wake up...so that I can run to her for comfort..But I cant..because what happened is the truth...I can never run to her and say how much I love her anymore.....

No comments:

Post a Comment